My Sweet 16 year old ready for her first dance.
Beau and Bailey
Storm is coming outside.
Brother , sister thing.Beau has gone to many dances with his girlfriend Bailey and it has been fun helping him pick out just the right colored tie or choose flowers, in fact with his first dance we even picked out his cologne together. But wow there is something about having my daughter go to her first dance that just sort of caught me by surprise. I was more sentimental than I imagained and got kind of a tug on my heart when I saw her looking so beautiful and like a princess. All I could think was my silly little two year old girl is growing up and would leave me. Some boy, in the not too distant future was going to take her away. Logically I have known all of these things, but seeing her last night was the first time emotionally I knew it.
She asked a cute boy who is her friend-- they have known each other for a long time, in fact his mom said that she has four pictures of Allie on her fridge. (They were on the track team together and other things like that). Since it was girls' choice, I didn't get to see him dressed up because Allie drove and she and a girlfriend picked up the boys. We only had one sad moment when I told Allie she had to be home by 12:30. Suddenly there were tears and anger. She said things like, "I can't wait to move out of this house it is like the military!!" and "Everyone else can stay until 1:30, and now I will be the stupid one and I wish I wasn't even going to the dance. Everything is ruined !" But in the end all was happy, I caved and gave her an extra half hour and then she was all smiles again. Whew!

4 comments:
O my gosh~! They are so beautiful, my niece and nephew. Why o why wasn't I there to see them go? I think I am already feeling through you what I am going to be feeling with LAyla. O and so glad that Allie gave you some crap about curfew. There had to be something bless her heart. How I love that girl so so much.
HOLY SMOKES!!!! Look at your children! Beautiful. It is too too much. I love Allie's dress. It is perfect on her.
I just went through your posts again. I love them. But it made me miss you. I loved that ride with you, it just seemed like the best thing ever. I honestly get so excited thinking of you being close by. And coming up on weekends all the time. Josh and I found a new cabin kit company he will have to show Al.
beau and bailey look great together. i like that girl a lot.
but that first gorgeous pic of allie hit me in the gut--that dress is absolutely amazing on her. nobody could possibly look that good in light pink, could they? just beautiful. and it made me sad that she is suddenly about to go off and get married and that means that tomorrow grace will, too, or at least it feels like that!
Post a Comment