Sunday, October 5, 2008

Allie--One Emotional Crazy Girl!!

Allie as the Warrior Woman, she's ready to "kick you butt outside!" So don't mess with her when she is in this mood. Enjoying a potty break.




Allie telling the ref a thing or two. "Excuse me, but I think its our ball!"





Laughing it up with cousin Andre at the South Ogden Days Carnival.





With best cousin and friend Jasmine at Lagoon.







Happy about a candy bar from Mia and decked out for some crazy night of hanging with the girls





I have a daughter who is such a bundle of emotions, energy, and ups and downs that I constantly just try and navigate my way through each day. Every night she comes down stairs to plug in her phone, kiss me goodnight and tell me she loves me. If I'm up then I go in to see her. She still likes me to give her a back rub and always hugs me goodnight. She tells me pretty much everything about her life, even the minute details, the things she said, even that she kissed a boy (which I was NOT happy about!) Now and again she will pay me sweet compliments like, "A bunch of the girls on my soccer team think you are really pretty." Or, so and so wishes you were their mom because you are so fun. On the other hand she will roll her eyes at me, tell me how much I embarrass her, that I am so lame, weird, nerdy, stupid etc. etc. She can be very dramatic about most things and has inherited the Allred talent of embellishment and exaggeration. She will egg her siblings on until that are ready to blow their brains out, but on the other hand she will let Mia get in bed with her any night she wants and will whisper little stories to her, play games with Marcus and get Beau to open up and chat with her. She gets him to tell her more things about his life than he ever tells his parents. I love her so much I can't imagine how boring our lives would be without her. And then the next moment I wonder how we are going to endure this "white-hot ball of Canine Terrrrrorrrrrrr!" (From "The Family Dog")









3 comments:

Nancy said...

Aahh!! I forgot how freakin' cool her warrior woman costume was. Have you seriously been in your house that long? It seems like it was so recently that you lived here at mom and dad's yet look how little Allie is standing there by your fireplace!

Also I love that soccer pic of her. And, I do think it is way cool that she always tells you every single thing even if you don't always like the things she tells you!

Perla said...

oh, i loved her as xena! i forgot about that! and i sure do love this allie and think that you were just so perfectly meant to be her mom to help guide her incredibly beautiful, strong, and fiesty spirit (rather than a parent that might just try to break it or let it run amuck) haha. no, but i really mean it. i love that girl so much and i love you, too!
but what is this about kissing a boy???? wheN???? who????

Mugsy said...

O my goodness....I have to get rid of the boy who kissed her. SHe is way to beautiful to be kissing boys they will completely loose their minds in love with her!
Man I love my Allie so stinking much! I love that she told you to keep your Volcom shirt on and she might "introduce you to a few of her friends." I love that she is so open, and almost to much so, that she was telling you all the thoughts that ever crossed her mind. And my favorite; when she was very young saying the boy anatomy quite freely and you banned from saying the word anymore so she would say everything that rymed with it just to tick you off. I was sitting at your kitchen table and Allie walked by you and deliberately yelled "Benus"! I was a bit confused and you let me in on the latest. I laughed so hard.
Allie is the most beautiful girl ever! Tell her that her aunty is so proud of what a dynamite women she is!