This is one of my favorite photos of all time. Barely a few seconds old and Israel is turning to his mom's voice!I know a baby is inside there--I've seen Ashley's stomach getting bigger and bigger, I even got to feel the kicks and bumps. I've been watching her push for a few hours now, and Guy says he can see some of Israel's hair. But still when that baby first slips out, a real live person, who is moving and crying and covered in "stuff" it just feels totally miraculous. Like magic.
I was on photo assignment for my little niece, the one I held and played with when she was little. And now here she was bring a baby into the world. It seemed crazy. She has to be too young. She can't be more than 15 I think, but no, she is a married woman and now a mom. She was brave in spite of throwing up and being turned and prodded. But she has always been tough. I remember one time when her mom was having an important conversation with Kathy. Ashley was probably two and wanting her mom's attention and wanting it "NOW!!!" So trying to be helpful I pulled her up by her arms and started swinging her out the door into the hall way. She only screamed louder and there was no way she was going to be humored out of her mood. Finally I said, "Ashley you are NOT being a nice girl!" Come to find out she wasn't being a bad girl it was just that Auntie Amy had pulled her arm out of her socket and it apparently hurt! Hello! I felt so horrible when I found out that I rushed to the store to buy her a Barbie Surf City.
As I watched her bravely pushing that baby out, and could tell how hard it was, I wished I could help take some of her pain away--maybe L.A. Barbie this time.

6 comments:
great post, ampse. your photos real caught the miracle of those first moments. great job, as always!
Yah, seriously, those photos are so dang amazing. You caught so many perfectly amazing moments -- so perfectly!!
Thank you, Amy. I'm feeling pretty awesome about making it onto your blog. I will always treasure the wonderful pictures you took for me. They are so, so precious to me--even the ones that I don't look absolutely gorgeous in. Every time I see my crying one, I remember that feeling of love and wonder all over again and nearly start crying again--okay, well sometimes I do start crying all over again. You are the best. I love not only the pictures but just that one of my all time favorite people on earth (you) was there with me for that special meeting. Love you. And, yes, I think a Barbie would be nice...
O I loved this. The pictures are so amazing and catching the moment better than anything. I love the little tribute you did to her. Your the best Ampse
such a good post, auntie. I have to say, when I pray at night and think of all my blessings that I want to tell Heavenly Father thanks for, very often my dear aunties are close to the top of the list! you guys are all the best. :)
Awwww...I hadn't seen these beautiful pictures and they made me cry. Those are to be treasured forever! I love that day, it is the best when you first meet little person like "ah, there you are!"
Awesome post and pictures, as always!
Post a Comment