Monday, June 8, 2009

Meg and Josh's Temple Day. Hooray!

Megan and her mother.












I think I must really be Megan's mother gauging by the way I felt sitting there in the temple watching her and Josh be sealed to each other and their little ones. And also by the fact that I was the first one up to hug her and Josh after the ceremony was over. Alan sort of laughed and said should'nt you let her parents go first? I definately felt proud and happy, and weepy.

I remember I first layed eyes on her when I was a high school senior. I, along with my boyfriend, was looking at her through the nursery window when I fell in love with her.

I pretend that I am offended when several times people have asked if I was her mother, but really I feel so protective of her that I really could be her mom. And Alan loves Josh as a son, so there you have it-- our children married each other. Oooh creepy. But it really was a great day and little Reedums was a perfect angel standing quietly at the alter. I thought he might be screeching and yelling at anyone who looked at him, but you could see that he felt the spirit by how attentive and solem he was. And I was happy to be there with so many of the people I love, Alan, the sistas, the nieces and nephews, Mom and Dad, brothers, in laws etc. I just don't think heaven could be heaven if we aren't all there together.







3 comments:

Nancy said...

OH, good job! And, thank goodness there were several of me in there -- had there not been, after all my parading into pictures, I would have been furious.

Mugsy said...

O, you are so the best ever! I love you too, so much!! That was the greatest day of my life for sure. I have never felt so at peace or happy with the way my life was going than that day. Thanks so much for capturing all that. Meg

Perla said...

great photos and a very nice post. it was a very happy day, i must say!