Saturday, July 18, 2009

Allred Family Reunion @ Soda Springs ID


Abe getting a leg up from Mike.

Nice Rodeo Wave Carson!

Allie learning to play tennis with pointers from Auntie Shannon.

Chris had no one to hug so he is just hugging himself.

Reed, angry with a few stray tears.

Marcus ready to ride.


I just like this photo with Alan in the background.


Nice moves Andre.


I love this little Penny more than I can say.

Alan flipping Mia and every other kid in the pool.

Cute Meg and Will.


That's my man, nice floatie

Beau didn't think Alan could still flip him. Wrong!

Me and my mate.


An ode to true love. . .

Eleven brothers and sisters, two incredible parents, eleven spouses, loads and loads of kids and no fighting, no gossiping-- just happiness. How did that happen? Seriously with over 88 people at our first, real Allred reunion and everyone just loved each other. I give the credit to Mom and her prayers. I also, give credit to her plea during our family meeting that we don't ever leave anyone behind. I thought the mtg., might be a little long, or boring, but I was very inspired listening to Dad, Mom and everyone who participated. Mark got me feeling patriotic, and proud of my country and I loved hearing the updates from various family members. I also give double high fives to Meg for planning this event. If she wouldn't have done so much to organize and plan and send e-mails, and encourage everyone to come it would have just ended up being a good idea. I love my family so much and feel I am not deserving of the love of so many people, of knowing no matter what trials come my way, I have loads of people who would "be there for me". Thanks to everyone for being so dang wonderful!!!

3 comments:

Mugsy said...

O I love these pictures so so much!! You are the best you know!! And I like what you wrote. We are so blessed to have this family!

Perla said...

great pics, sisterly. and yes, that meeting turned out to be awesome. i got a lot of it on video and am so glad. we were all kind of teasing that dad was insisting on it but i think it pulled it all together in a good spiritual way. and yes, other than little children quarreling some, there was no anger or anything at all. amazing! i sure love you!

Perla said...

p.s. thanks for getting that pic of andre with the frog goggles. so cool.