Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beau's 18th Birthday

Fire engine truck--favorite present.



The Birthday Fairy lights the candles.


Beau turned 18 on July 6th. He had a great day in large part due to Bailey who planned all sorts of fun times in SLC. They rode the front runner, shopped, ate, watched a movie and then they came back here and we went out to eat at Beau's favorite restaurant--and now I can't remember the name--but the newer version of Lee's Mongolian BBQ. After, we came home for cake and as a special treat and surprise Marcus appeared as the birthday fairy wearing Mia's 3 year old tinker bell costume. As I watched Beau blow out those candles I had a quick flashback to his first birthday in CA. We invited friends and their kids over, the Neiderhausers, Zollers, the Wests and Alan's parents and sister Dee. I look at the picture of him with his cupcake and his chubby little arms and tummy and I think, "What wouldn't I give to transport myself back in time and be able to squeeze that little boy." It almost makes my arms ache. Mom has a theory that in the next life we will be able to pop in at various moments of our eartly life and re-live them. Actually feel, see, smell and enjoy some of our best times and not just as memories.

This Beau is becoming such an amazing son. He recently got his partirachial blessing, and has spoken in church and born his testimony and I can see his spirit just getting stronger and stronger. He knows what he believes and what he wants out of life. He is excited about going on a mission (hopes its somewhere in South America), and well, I will bawl my eyes out for months when he leaves. I sure love this boy!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a good post. And, can I just say that I love love love love LOVE the birthday fairy. I don't know if I can even say enough times how much I love your cool boy who has a mind of his own and just decided to go be the birthday fairy!!!

Mugsy said...

O I just got home sick for baby Beau. I van't believe how much that little man was loved by me...and ofcourse still is! Happy Birthday my Beau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!