Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Soccer Starts With a BANG!

Allie featured on the front page of the Standard--schooling the goalie!

Yesterday's game against a very tough Sky View Team. Allie had a great game.

SkyView wasn't going down easily and our girls took some tough trips, hits and falls.


Allie's friend Lexie getting shoved from behind and doing a nice summersault. She was up and had the ball back in about two seconds.


I love soccer! Kathy has told me on several occasions that she thinks the game is boring, but I just love, love watching Allie and her Bonneville team. Even though soccer doesn't have huge scores there is always fast, rough action. Yesterday one of Allie's friends, named Jaden (who was the Region #1 all star player), was just getting tired of being double and triple teamed. She would constantly be getting shoved on both sides. Finally she just slugged one girl super hard in the back--and right in front of the opponents sidelines. Well as you can imagine, their parents were FREAKIN out but the ref didn't see it. I know it isn't right but I had to get a laugh--of course if it had been Allie that got slugged--different story. But this Jaden is just this little, sweet looking blond thing, but faster than lightening and I was totally surprised, because she isn't a dirty player. Soccer is truly a contact sport and these girls are so tough. I know if I took one hit I would be whimpering and leaving the field, but not these girls. Abbey Ulrich took a huge head to her mouth hit while going up for a header. Her lip was all bleeding, but she kept wiping it off and sucking it down so the ref wouldn't see it and make her leave the field.
Allie has had a great beginning to these games. She scored twice their first game, one the next and two in each of the following. Having had absolutely no team athletic ability in my day, I am just in awe watching girls who do have it.

4 comments:

Perla said...

oh yes, i do love me some soccer! it is truly my favorite sport to play and to watch. i was sad that i was sick last night and had to miss my old ladies soccer game. allie is awesome and i need you to tell me her schedule so the kids and i can come sometimes. i am never bored watching soccer. maybe if they changed the scoring to football numbers--each goal worth 5 or 6 points and penalty kicks worth 2 or something like that then people would think they were more interesting because they'd have higher scores. silly! i love that there is nearly constant action. fun fun and yeah for allie!!!!

Nancy said...

Dang it. Why can't my kids have a little of that in them. Maybe I'll have to force them to run . . . which you and I both know is just a sorry exscuse for not being able to do any tue skill related sports. :(

Perla said...

hey nancy, its not like your kids are too old to try anything sporty. sign them up for some inexpensive ayso and let them try their hand at it. maybe they will like it and maybe they might surprise you. they might not ever be as good as allie or play it in highschool or anything, but they might have fun being part of a team and giving it a try...just a thought.

Mugsy said...

O that poor girl doing a face plant. Not the most flattering picture. I love that you are such a good mom. So excited and into Allie's games. She may mock you at times when you go onto the feild and need to be ejected from the game, but seriously, she will always remember you being there supporting her. Those were some great action shots