Thursday, September 10, 2009

Homecoming Dance

Allie and JLo
Jasmine and Jake

Allie and friend Lexi

Something is funny--at least to Allie!

Some of the girls

This past weekend was Bonneville's Homecoming. Allie was trying to be a good sport about our finances and was happy, she said, just to borrow a dress. But though we tried on many dresses, most just didn't fit her cute muscle-laden body. She finally settled on one from Beau's girlfriend, but two days before the dance she tried it back on along with some cool shoes but seemed very disappointed. The dress' sleeves hadn't fit right, so I had picked them off and added wide straps, and the stomach was sort of tight and wrinkly, so I bought a big wide white ribbon, then added some rinestones to "fancy" it up. But Allie just got sort of sad looking in the mirror and finally said, "I just look so plain. I don't feel at all pretty." Jasmine and I were trying to be upbeat, but the dress really was pretty dang tight. I even ran to Priscillas that night since she said she had a few dresses, but still none of these worked. Allie was resigned to wearing the black and white dress, but got a bit teary. Well most of you are mom's. What would you do? Of course rush down to Cliftons early the next morning to buy her the dress she is wearing above. Luckily it came with extra fabric so I could make straps--modest it up a bit. And it was all worth it to see my girl so happy and thankful.
I love teenagers. They are so emotionally crazy, but full of life and fun. I went shopping twice with Allie and Jazzy, and they let me in on their Girls Talk, and explained to me how things "are" in their world. I just loved hearing them talk about boys, and clothes and school, and friends. They are so vibrant and full of life, it sort of rubs off on you--it did on me.




3 comments:

Mugsy said...

I love that story...and you are just like mom always trying to make things the best for us. I love the pics. I forgot to look at the soccer ones. I will go check them out. See you tomorrow!

Perla said...

she looks gorgeous! i didn't hear that you bought her the other dress so i was thinking...how could allie not be thrilled with this dress?

Nancy said...

Oh yeah! I wanted to see pictures! She looked gorgeous as usual. What about me not knowing how to sew on sleeves or rhinestones or what not. What then?