So I came home from Shannons where we girls were doing a lovely service project--making dolls for little girls in Haiti. This is what a found when I walked in. A grape eating contest. Though the grapes kept coming out--Eeeewww gross!
This guy is my best friend. I can be a grouch and amazingly he still loves me. We've made it 20 years through some tough trials and lots of laughs and we still want to be together.
Our Little Gypsy
No Barbies for this girl. She is the only girl on her co-ed flag football team and has scored most of the team's goals. She is joyful and silly and loves to collect little bags of "stuff". She also has a very close relationship with her Savior.
StarWars Fiend
He loves animals, trying to fish with his mom, and anything related to StarWars. He is very great at acting, imitating movies, people, and commercials. He makes us all laugh, and when he is not teasing his sisters he is a very dear little boy. Oh yea, and wow can this boy run!
AK
Even covered in mud she is still gorgeous with a "spitfire" personality. She's good at just about everything she tries. Right now as a sophmore she is starting on the High School Varsity Soccer Team. She's smart and wise beyond her years. And she knows more about football than maybe even her dad.
Beau
This oldest son is pure kindness. He's sort of a CA boy with his lifeguarding and athletics. He loves his younger siblings and is a great son. He reads like a madman finishing books in a single day (read The Count of Monte Cristo in sixth grade). He spends his time with football, and his girlfriend, Bailey.
I'm the mother of this amazing family and I give myself a great deal of credit for getting this group together. I searched for my eternal husband--the leader of this family for many years, kissing a lot of frogs in the process. I was 26 when I got married, which may not seem like a big deal, but as a mormon, girl it was rather frightening. Then we waited 4 years for our first son whom we adopted. 3 more adoptions and many years later we finally said, "ahhhh, we're all here!"
My best friends are my sisters, there are five of us, and my sister-in-laws. I like to think of myself as a legitimate photographer, and it makes me very happy to capture just the right expression. I love to run with a group of great friends, read, watch my kids soccer and football games, and get busy with my man who really is my very best friend. (Can I say that on a blog?)
3 comments:
AMY!! WHy oh why didn't you stop this MADNESS by forcing them to come over for some nice wholesome veggies. If only . . . if only . . .
hahaha! i love that. this is definitely what i hope my daughters are doing on dates when i am not around (when they get OLDER i mean)
So cute...I love that even when your boyfriend/girlfriend you can just be good friends.. Josh and I were always doing dumb stuff like this...
Post a Comment