Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cowgirls. The One In Maroon Looks about 100 yrs. Old!

Will's Smile!

The Boys Looking at Torman Land.


Our Land! Right next to Forest Service Land.


Reed's Favorite Outfit.


Marcus Riding Clara


Mia and the 4-wheeler


Cute Reed.

Friday was my birthday--yep I'm 47. But seriously I can't really be that old. I really feel I should still be in my early thirties. Oh well, whats to be done? It was a very wonderful birthday. We took the littles, Mia and Marcus up to visit Meg and Josh in Soda Springs. The big kids wanted to stay home--so we left them. (Mixed feelings about that). The day was autumn at its very best. Colors and warm temperatures, mountains and horseback riding. Meg is quite the horse woman and looked like she should be in a movie with her model looks and her confidence at rounding up the horses and getting them saddled. After everyone had lots of turns riding the horses around the arena (except Al--the non lover of horses), Meg and I went for about a two hour ride up into the mountains. We rode across a small river and up through soft pines frightening ourselves a little as we discussed the mountain lion sitings and the mountain lion tracks we saw in the dirt. But fortunately the neighbors dog Katie had tagged along so we took heart in the fact that she, being smaller, would be the first to go.

I have always dreamed of going on a ride like this one, but instead had to settled for the slow rides around a field or a very short turn loping along. But this was the ride of my dreams. Meg outfitted me with cowboy boots and leather gloves so I kind of felt the part. We finished our ride by coming through the back side of our NEW property. We are now landowners, thanks to the great deal Josh and Meg gave us. Someday, probably in the very distant future we may have a cabin sitting there close enough to walk over and borrow the Torman's horses and four wheelers. Till then they will just have to put up with us visiting, and eating their elk meat which by the way Megan did a very fine job of cooking for us. Great Trip!

3 comments:

Mugsy said...

O those pictures were so fun to look at. I was just so happy this whole trip!! That really was the funnest horse ride for me too, I love that you remembered Katie and that she would be the easier target for the Mt. Lion.
I cannot wait for you to be my neighbor. I love you Ame, you are the greatest sister ever! And sadly you weren't the one looking old, your sister, 17yrs younger than you, looked twice your age. O well what can I do?
Love ya, MEg
P.S Josh just wanted to clarify, he cooked the elk not me....
O and will you email me a lot off the pics you took? I want you and your family too!!

Lover of Sweets said...

How fun Amy! You do NOT look 100 years old...you look downright HOT!!! I didn't know you were a land owner! That is amazing! How awesome will that be for a fun little get away!?
Beautiful pictures!
Happy late birthday (again)!

Perla said...

awesome photos. sorry i missed your birthday. sounds like you had a good one, though. did you really buy some land??? awesome!!!